Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
mazu74
New Contributor

No replacement message !

Hello, My Fortigate is a 90D V5.2. Clients Windows 7, Internet Explorer 8 with proxy settings. I work with explicit proxy because i don' t want to push gateway on computers. I have configured proxy policy with a Web Filter Profile to block different category. It' s ok but without replacement message (Web Page Blocked !). The result show blanks page with cyclic reload attempt. In my admin computer only, there is no problem. Why ? Thanks for support
3 REPLIES 3
mazu74
New Contributor

Is it clear or it' s my bad english ?
TechnoR05
New Contributor III

Hello, I would say not enough details ! Did you check the logs on the Fortigate, Under Log & Report/Security log/Web filter ? Do you users being blocked by a rule ? We work with explicit proxy also, and modified some of the messages for our needs, no real problem. Do you ever get a replacement message, or some kind of message, for any category, ou user not authentified, etc ? What troubleshootimng did you do, etc.. With Internet explorer ?, have you tried Firefox or other browser ? A+ Richard
mazu74
New Contributor

Thanks ! I found something : All my Windows 7 clients have IE 8.0.7601.17514 256 bits. I test with firefox and solved the missing message. I tried on one and migrate to IE 9.0.8112.16421 and also solved the missing message. IE 8 is not so old ! I know the solution : Update IE8 to IE9 or 10 or 11. But before i plan this, i wish operate with 8 version because of compatibility software.
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors