Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
amargys
New Contributor

No new Firmware for FortiWiFi-80F-2R-3G4G-DSL

For some reason I can't get to download latest firmware for FortiWiFi-80F-2R-3G4G-DSL model, the latest firmware I can download is in 6.2.6 folder and  it disappears in 6.2.7 and not present in 7.x folders to download from Fortinet support portal. 

Forticare expired and it's used for my lab so can't get online upgrade if that makes sense.

It's a new ish mode has anyone got a clue why it's firmware disappeared?

2 REPLIES 2
akristof
Staff
Staff

Hello,

I can confirm that at the moment 6.2.6 is the latest one. Last info I had is about the merge firmware for this device, but no further info about any eta.

Adrian
adambomb1219
Contributor III

Unfortunately this can be quite common for FortiGate products.  This is purely from my anecdotal observations and I could be totally wrong but I believe this one of the tradeoffs of having so many hardware models with many different versions of custom ASICs.  I would imagine the development effort behind keeping the software updated with compatibility for all of the different hardware ASICs is a big challenge.  If timelines slip, new features need to be prioritized, or bugs in newer versions needs to be corrected; updating software for less popular/less common models (such as this 3G4G DSL model) might be dropped from the immediate development effort.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors