Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
redes_jp
New Contributor

No menu after login

Hi everyone i have a FG100D unit at work it was working ok until some weeks ago i noticed that there are no menus after i log in any ideas Thank you
7 REPLIES 7
Warren_Olson_FTNT

Possible your login has been assigned to a profile that has no access rights? Otherwise I would try clearing cache/history/etc and retry logging in, different browser, etc.
Dave_Hall
Honored Contributor

Try to SSH or console into the unit using your admin id -- if you can login ok and access various features, the problem may be related to the GUI stalling/not starting, which can happen if the fgt is running out of memory (aka going into conserve mode). A simple reboot can (temporary) resolve a conserve mode issue. But from the screenshot, it does look like your admin ID doesn' t have any rights at all (just able to log in).

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C
Nihas
New Contributor

But from the screenshot, it does look like your admin ID doesn' t have any rights at all (just able to log in).
YES! if you are the owner of the box, someone else might have accessed and changed your profiles permissions. If you are not, consult with the firewall administrator..!
Nihas [\b]
Nihas [\b]
TuncayBAS
Contributor II

I think the problem in the IPS engine. In which version of firmware? After running the following command via SSH Would you please try again.
diagnose test app ipsmonitor 99
Tuncay BAS
RZK Muhendislik Turkey
FCA,FCP,FCF,FCSS
Tuncay BASRZK Muhendislik TurkeyFCA,FCP,FCF,FCSS
dasilva13
New Contributor

I have encountered this numerous times and the most likely cause is your browser settings. Try using Google Chrome, or compatibly mode in IE. That did the trick for me.
Baptiste
Contributor II

As Dasilva13 said, I had same error when I was in compatibility mode, remove it or try whith Chrome or Firefox.

2 FGT 100D  + FTK200

3 FGT 60E  FAZ VM  some FAP 210B/221C/223C/321C/421E

2 FGT 100D + FTK200 3 FGT 60E FAZ VM some FAP 210B/221C/223C/321C/421E
Matthew_Mollenhauer
New Contributor III

I see a similar thing from time to time. Our Fortigates are all managed by a FortiManager and it only happens when we login & use read/write mode. As per the screenshot we only get access to Log Settings in the Global Config, though I can still access the installed VDOM' s. If I login as read only, this doesn' t occur, and considering 99.9% of what I do is via the FortiManager I haven' t bothered to raise a bug with TAC. Our Fortigate is currently running 5.0.7, but I' m upgrading it to 5.0.9 in the morning. So I' ll retest and see if it still occurs. I would note that I' ve seen this on every OS in Chrome (Windows 7, Mac 10.9, CentOS 7), I' m inclined to call this a bug with the way Chrome is handling the java script of the UI. Regards, Matthew
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors