Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
slevesque
New Contributor

No luck Blocking the Fortnite Video game by Epic Games

I work for a school that is requesting us to block the Fornite game from being played. However it appears using the Web Filter and reclassifying the Epicgames.com URL only solves users from browsing to that website. I am trying to block the Fortnite game from connecting to the EpicGames servers, It appears they use Amazon Web services which seems to be tricky when blocking applications. I do see that Fortinet has Epic.Games listed as an Application finally. I have blocked this under application control, now half of the students that try to play cant and the other half still can. I'm new to this stuff so this has been a fun experience.

Any one have any luck blocking this? If so what did you do to achieve this? 

15 REPLIES 15
yuriinfluenced
New Contributor

What firewall can I use to block CS: GO effectively from all the school PCs?

stoianracing
New Contributor

I'm not a computer science teacher, but I was asked to help the school to ban all the games kids play in the time of classes. Thanks for the tips!

humbertplug
New Contributor

Our school also asked me to block some games because students used to spend too much time playing them in class. Not that I knew how to do that, but I have no choice. Thanks for the advice.
I don’t think it’s the right idea to block something entirely, but the kids are to blame because they abuse the possibility of having some fun too often. I also like to play computer games and even have a d2r war belt in Diablo II: Resurrected, but I also think there’s time for everything. Kids should understand the school’s not for entertainment but learning, and they can play games at home.

Radagask
New Contributor

Have you found a way to block it?

Kallizorro
New Contributor

I totally understand your frustration with trying to block Fortnite from being played at your school. I remember when I was in school, all we had to worry about was getting caught passing notes, haha! But in all seriousness, I can imagine that blocking a game like Fortnite can be tricky, especially with the way it connects to servers. It's good that you found Fortinet's application control, but it's strange that only half of the students are affected by the block. Maybe there's some other way that the game is being accessed that you haven't thought of? On a side note, I recently purchased my Fortnite account from a trusted Fortnite account marketplace. It was a great experience and I feel confident in the security of my account. Just thought I'd mention it in case anyone else is looking for a safe way to buy an account.

anwrknana
New Contributor

Have you tried downloading from another store like brostakamoha ?

ANWAR KINANA
ANWAR KINANA
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors