Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
MikeyMike
New Contributor

No VPN Charts/Datasets work after Firmware Update

Upgraded firmware on the Analyzer to 5.0.8 and now when I try running the built in VPN Report, none of the charts return any information.  Says "No Data".

Any ideas?

MK
MK
3 Solutions
hzhao_FTNT

Hi,

In order to get more accurate results, in new VPN report, we used action='tunnel-stats' instead of tunnel-up/tunnel-down to get vpn info. However FGTs do not send tunnel-stats info by default, we have to configure FGTs by: config system settings set vpn-stats-log ipsec ssl set vpn-stats-period 300 end Most of empty VPN report issue should be fixed after above commands executed on fortigates.   Regards, hz

View solution in original post

scao_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Hi, Mikey, what is your report run period? if for last 7 days, then it will not check for today's log.

thanks

Simon

hzhao_FTNT

Hi Mike,

Tunnel-stat log will be sent every 5min, please wait a bit and see. By the way, I recommend you check log first:

FortiView-> LogView->Event->VPN, input action=tunnel-stats and search

If you see logs there, you will be able to get data from VPN report.

Regards,

hz

9 REPLIES 9
MikeyMike
New Contributor

My other reports seem to be just fine.  Just vpn doesn't return any data.  Fortigate is running 5.0.7

MK
MK
hzhao_FTNT

Hi,

In order to get more accurate results, in new VPN report, we used action='tunnel-stats' instead of tunnel-up/tunnel-down to get vpn info. However FGTs do not send tunnel-stats info by default, we have to configure FGTs by: config system settings set vpn-stats-log ipsec ssl set vpn-stats-period 300 end Most of empty VPN report issue should be fixed after above commands executed on fortigates.   Regards, hz

MikeyMike

Hi Hz,

Made the change on my fortigate but still No Data from the Datasets.  Is there anything else I can do or should I just wait a bit?

Thanks so much for your help!

--

Mike

hzhao_FTNT wrote:

Hi,

In order to get more accurate results, in new VPN report, we used action='tunnel-stats' instead of tunnel-up/tunnel-down to get vpn info. However FGTs do not send tunnel-stats info by default, we have to configure FGTs by: config system settings set vpn-stats-log ipsec ssl set vpn-stats-period 300 end Most of empty VPN report issue should be fixed after above commands executed on fortigates. Regards, hz

MK
MK
hzhao_FTNT

Hi Mike,

Tunnel-stat log will be sent every 5min, please wait a bit and see. By the way, I recommend you check log first:

Regards,

hz

MikeyMike

Hi HZ,

I see logs there now and when I run the dataset with the time period of today, I see data.  Thanks for your help!  My last question would be, would it not be possible to see any data past today?  Or will I only see data going forward from today?

--

Mike

hzhao_FTNT wrote:

Hi Mike,

Regards,

hz

MK
MK
hzhao_FTNT

Hi Mike, 

You will not able to see old data by predefined dataset/chart/report. If report from previous data is very important to you, you have to customize dataset/chart/report. Anyway, your report should be fine from today.

hz

MikeyMike

That's what I thought :(

Thanks a million HZ!

hzhao_FTNT wrote:

Hi Mike, 

You will not able to see old data by predefined dataset/chart/report. If report from previous data is very important to you, you have to customize dataset/chart/report. Anyway, your report should be fine from today.

hz

MK
MK
scao_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Hi, Mikey, what is your report run period? if for last 7 days, then it will not check for today's log.

thanks

Simon

scao_FTNT
Staff
Staff

actually we are working on a fix for next patch release (5.2.1) to let VPN report still work for old VPN log (which does not have below CLI enabled)

config system settings set vpn-stats-log ipsec ssl set vpn-stats-period 300 end

Thanks

simon

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors