Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
jb_kalm
Contributor

No UTM Logs - FAZ 5.2.1 with Fortigate 5.0.9

Hello Fortigurus,

Last week we upgraded our FAZ 4000B to 5.2.1 and after the database got done rebuilding a few days later we don't see any UTM logs on the FAZ. The Fortigate is a 3600C and is running 5.0.9 at the moment. The UTM logs are necessary for troubleshooting and reporting. Have any of you experienced this problem or know what can be done to resolve it? Please advise.

Thank you,

JB.KALM

1 Solution
hzhao_FTNT

Hi jb, I am not a fgt expert, but I remember there was a bug in FOS5.0.5 or 5.0.6: sometime FGT do not send utm log, this issue can be fixed after reboot. Give it a try?

By the way, one FAZ side, you can reset fortilogd under cli:

dia test app fortilogd 99

Regards,

hz

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
jb_kalm
Contributor

Hi hz,

Well I restarted the fortilogd on the FAZ but the issue still exists. We'll have to schedule a maintenance window to restart the Fortigate. I'll let you know when we do restart it and if it worked or not.

Thanks so much for your assistance so far!

Thank you,

jb

MikePruett
Valued Contributor

jb.kalm wrote:

Hi hz,

Well I restarted the fortilogd on the FAZ but the issue still exists. We'll have to schedule a maintenance window to restart the Fortigate. I'll let you know when we do restart it and if it worked or not.

Thanks so much for your assistance so far!

Thank you,

jb

Tell Matthew I would be more than happy to sell you guys some more Fortigates so you can run in HA mode and not hit any downtime when you reboot those things ;p

Mike Pruett Fortinet GURU | Fortinet Training Videos
jb_kalm
Contributor

Ha... we have the extra 3600C but our network team doesn't want to give us the connectivity to make it HA. :(

jb

jb_kalm
Contributor

Hey hz,

The Fortigate reboot resolved the issue. We are seeing the UTM logs on the FAZ once more! 

Thanks man!

Thanks,

jb

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors