Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
findor
New Contributor

No Option for Source IP in Chart Builder

In FortiAnalyzer v6.4.8, from the Log View, I open the Chart Builder, and even though I have a 'Source' column in the logs which contains the source IP, it does not give me that option in the Chart Builder window. I does give the rest of the columns though. This can be seen below:

Capture.PNG

1 Solution
findor
New Contributor

I have resolved the issue:
The 'Source' column is not available in the Chart Builder.

In Log View I searched for the available columns to show, and there was a 'Source IP' column which was not selected. I selected it, the column was added to the Log View and then it was available in the Chart Builder as well.

The mix-up was that in my setup the 'Source' column was showing the source IP and I thought this was it. I guess the 'Source' column is supposed to show the hostname or something.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello findor,

Thank you for using the Community Forum.

Could you please specify your question?

Regards,

Anthony-Fortinet Community Team.
Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello findor,

We are still looking for someone to help you.

We will come back to you ASAP.

Regards,

findor
New Contributor

I have resolved the issue:
The 'Source' column is not available in the Chart Builder.

In Log View I searched for the available columns to show, and there was a 'Source IP' column which was not selected. I selected it, the column was added to the Log View and then it was available in the Chart Builder as well.

The mix-up was that in my setup the 'Source' column was showing the source IP and I thought this was it. I guess the 'Source' column is supposed to show the hostname or something.

Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks a lot for sharing the solution!! :)!

Regards,

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors