Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
RolandBaumgaertner72
Contributor

No Destination Interface in Policies after Update from 7.4.3 to 7.4.4

Hello,

really strange thing. We are preparing a FG200F cluster and we updated from 7.4.3 to 7.4.4 and after checking we saw that in the policies sometimes the idestination interface or sometimes the source interface was blank, almost in all policies.

Anybody with the same issue? I am not worried since we have to check all policies anyway, but that woould be a horrible bug in production mode, no?

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
AEK
SuperUser
SuperUser

Hello Roland

Do you see the interfaces on your firewall rules via CLI?

show firewall policy

If so (and I hope so) then I guess it is a GUI bug.

AEK
AEK
RolandBaumgaertner72
Contributor

Hi,

yes, everything looks normal so after updating again the interface in the policies it is OK.

I am wondering but it cant be, that for this updates something changed the interfaces...

Thanks

RolandBaumgaertner72
Contributor

Hi,

I was wrong, the problem was not the interfaces but the Source and Destination. Like almost all policies lost either Source or Destination. Some policies which were deactivated have both, source and destination.

Any idea what caused this problem?

Thanks

AEK

Hello Roland

Since your CLI shows all rules fine and all traffic are filtered as expected (if I understand well your case), then I guess it is cosmetic bug (GUI related). However I can't find this bug in 7.4.4's known issues, so if you can open a ticket I believe Fortinet will acknowledge it (in canse they can't fix it for you) and will add it in the known issues list for a future fix.

AEK
AEK
smaruvala
Staff
Staff

Hi,

- Was the issue seen in GUI or CLI?

- Were you able to see the policy with the correct source and destination in the CLI by running the command "show firewall policy"?

Regards,

Shiva

NotMine
Contributor

Clearing the browser cache after upgrade is always a good idea.

NSE 7

All oppinions/statements written here are my own.

NSE 7 All oppinions/statements written here are my own.
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors