Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
tdhaslett
New Contributor

Newest Firmwares not showing as available

Hi All,

Our Fortigate 200D HA (A/P) pair is not showing the latest firmware options to upgrade to.

We are currently on 5.6.9. The System > Firmware section only shows 6.0.3 as the latest and tells me that it could not find a valid upgrade path to it. It used to show validated upgrade options when on previous versions (5.6.4 & 5.6.8), but I think that it has not shown it properly since we renewed our licenses in June - we kept all the same services that we had previously. I am wondering of something went wrong when the licenses were renewed. I did restart the pair twice on Friday for a full cycle.

What would cause this? I do not see it listed in known issues for 5.6.9. I am looking to upgrade to 6.0.6. I have downloaded the upgrade file, and verified that it is a valid direct upgrade, but I want to make sure that there isn't some other underlying problem that will cause an issue now or later before I apply it.

Thanks!

Tim

4 REPLIES 4
Markus
Valued Contributor

Hi,

I've seen this more or less often, not showing the latest firmware options. I always check the upgrade path on the support site. It should be save to upgrade directly to 6.0.6.

________________________________________________________--- NSE 4 ---________________________________________________________
tdhaslett

Yes, as I mentioned, I verified the upgrade path and downloaded the upgrade file.

I guess what I am wondering is if I am experiencing an issue with 5.6.9 or with application of our licensing. I don't want something to go wrong in the upgrade because our licensing has not been properly applied. Is this function even dependent on licensing?

Kenundrum

If there is a licensing issue, you will not see any versions available and instead see a warning that the unit does not have a valid support contract- the section for manually updating firmware is always available though.

I have the same issue as described. 5.6.9 was the latest version showing up on all my 5.6 boxes and in order to update to 5.6.10 you had to upload it manually.

I'm guessing it's a CYA move by Fortinet. Out of an abundance of caution they don't automatically let you go to the latest version? It could just be a legitimate bug that no one really cares to report because it doesn't really impact anything.

CISSP, NSE4

CISSP, NSE4
boneyard
Valued Contributor

If you look at the release notes of 5.6.10, 6.0.6 and 6.2.1 you will notice they reference issue https://fortiguard.com/psirt/FG-IR-19-144 and that explains about manually uploading the firmware.

there seems to be something with downloading via internet, personally i never used that feature in general. i rather determine myself what happens.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors