Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
tanww888
New Contributor

New Version

I recently upgraded FortiClient to new version (ver 5.2)  and my MalwareBytes had detected a Trojan Virus during the installation.  The infected file is libav.dll for windows.  Then on OSX, I ran the ClamAV and it detected vcm file was infected with BSD Shellcode 13247.  The vcm may be a false alarm.  Not sure if anyone notice this.

Thanks,

Johnny 

2 REPLIES 2
Christopher_McMullan

This may be approaching the subject from too general a standpoint, but any time you install an .msi program, it's going to make changes to the registry, and may interact with system libraries.

Have the other programs reported any issues if you disable them during installation or upgrade, and re-enable them and perform a scan afterwards?

Regards, Chris McMullan Fortinet Ottawa

tanww888
New Contributor

Hi Christ,

Sorry for the late reply.  I reinstalled windows on my PC from scratch over the weekend.  I installed forticlient followed by malwarebytes.  Then, scanning the PC using malwarebytes and it didn't find any virus.  Everything looks good for now.

Thanks,

Johnny

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors