Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Mbutler522010
New Contributor

New Fortimail features I would like to see

The fortimail unit does a good job of protecting us but I feel it is really lacking in some features. Some things I hope will be evaluated for future releases:

1) better tracking of quarantine emails. The number 1 complaint I get is "I clicked release on the quarantine screen and it never arrived" - As far as I can tell there is no way to check if the user actually clicked "release" rather than "delete" and if the email was successfully delivered on to the mail server from the quarantine.

2) better outgoing spam notification/throttling. We recently had a computer get infected and send out 100,000 spam emails before I got a call that other mail servers were rejecting us (we had been blacklisted.) After cleaning up the mess I opened a ticket with tech support asking why (1) I had not been informed and (2) why the system allowed it to happen. I was told that those kind of notifications do not exist and because of the potential for multiple recipients in emails, there is no way to limit to a specific number of emails.

It sounds like a cop-out to me - I have to believe it would be relatively easy to put in an alert if someone sends more than 1000 emails in a minute, at least send a warning if not the ability to block them...

Perhaps it is already there and the tech guy misinterpreted me, but if there is a way to do all of that, I think it should be made a LOT simpler to find!

1 REPLY 1
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

For #2

Can't you set a policy that throttle users mail that sent and use a sender ip-pool to ensure your MTA address is  BL. If you have plenty of ipv4 ( public ) you could rotate your address if it's caught on a RBL and rememdidate the BL address

Take a look at ip-policy and sessions profiles

Ken

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors