Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Carl_Wallmark
Valued Contributor

New Fortigate - 60D

They have released a new FortiGate 60D, Does anyone know how much RAM it has ?

FCNSA, FCNSP
---
FortiGate 200A/B, 224B, 110C, 100A/D, 80C/CM/Voice, 60B/C/CX/D, 50B, 40C, 30B
FortiAnalyzer 100B, 100C
FortiMail 100,100C
FortiManager VM
FortiAuthenticator VM
FortiToken
FortiAP 220B/221B, 11C

FCNSA, FCNSP---FortiGate 200A/B, 224B, 110C, 100A/D, 80C/CM/Voice, 60B/C/CX/D, 50B, 40C, 30BFortiAnalyzer 100B, 100CFortiMail 100,100CFortiManager VMFortiAuthenticator VMFortiTokenFortiAP 220B/221B, 11C
112 REPLIES 112
Omar_Hermannsson

ORIGINAL: simonorch A colleague of mine was out configuring a 60D for the first time the other day and he mentioned that interface mode for the internal ports isn' t possible for the 60D, can anyone confirm or deny that??
I tried just now and had no problems changing to interface mode. I have internal1 to internal7 showing now. I just needed to delete the policies, route and dhcp server that come default and use the internal interface.
simonorch

ok thanks, i thought it didn' t sound right but as i don' t have access to one i wanted to check.

NSE8
Fortinet Expert partner - Norway

NSE8Fortinet Expert partner - Norway
simonorch

As the disk is disabled, is the packet capture feature unavailable?

NSE8
Fortinet Expert partner - Norway

NSE8Fortinet Expert partner - Norway
vanc
New Contributor II

Good news. The disk logging feature will be back in 5.0.3. Just wait for a couple of weeks for the final release.
Phoenixsecure

I just learn something very not pleasing today. And that would explain why the 60D has so many bugs and missing features. Here is a response I got from support: I confirmed there is a related bug (no. 184662), but I originally discounted it, since it was fixed as of build 138 (meaning patches 1 & 2 would have had the fix included). However, the 60D has been running off a special branch of the main code for at least the last few releases. This means that some fixes that all other models received from the main code line would not necessarily be included, until later patches. I think the specific bug you encountered must have silently been included in the beta patch 3 release offered for the 60D.
vanc
New Contributor II

the 60D has been running off a special branch
That' s actually a general practice, including Apple. My MBP 15' woth retina display was shipped to me with a special build off 10.7 (Lion). But eventually, the support was merged to main line 10.7 and 10.8.
Phoenixsecure

Yes normally its not a problem, but when a bug is fix in a release and it take 2-3 patch for it to be fix in the branch that' s not good. Forticlient licenses cannot be add in the GUI or CLI, that was fix a while ago and still not fix in 5.0.2 (60D) and we need to wait for 5.0.3 to have a fix. So I am wondering how many other bug are not fix in 60D.
Phill_Proud

Now that the serial console port is gone, does anyone have any ideas how to connect to a 60D using Linux? Unfortunately we' ve had 3 60C' s die/corrupt on us, and now we connect them to serial switches on site. No longer possible with the 60D, and we only run Linux boxes on our sites. I know when booting fortiexplorer shows a com port via the USB for access, however this doesn' t seem permanent?
Phill_Proud

Bump!
SimplicityForce

Looking at storaid' s post (first one on page two) and earlier discussion, it would appear these units have a hard disk, but I recently ordered a pair and neither matched his output. The RAM was actually as originally expected at 1841 MB, but hard disk was listed as " not available." Support sent out two new units, but they both show no hard disk as well. Does anyone know what is going on?
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors