Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Carl_Wallmark
Valued Contributor

New Fortigate - 60D

They have released a new FortiGate 60D, Does anyone know how much RAM it has ?

FCNSA, FCNSP
---
FortiGate 200A/B, 224B, 110C, 100A/D, 80C/CM/Voice, 60B/C/CX/D, 50B, 40C, 30B
FortiAnalyzer 100B, 100C
FortiMail 100,100C
FortiManager VM
FortiAuthenticator VM
FortiToken
FortiAP 220B/221B, 11C

FCNSA, FCNSP---FortiGate 200A/B, 224B, 110C, 100A/D, 80C/CM/Voice, 60B/C/CX/D, 50B, 40C, 30BFortiAnalyzer 100B, 100CFortiMail 100,100CFortiManager VMFortiAuthenticator VMFortiTokenFortiAP 220B/221B, 11C
112 REPLIES 112
Coldfirex

FYI, 5.0.1 was posted for the 60D series.
Coldfirex

FYI also per support: The system runs with 1GB per CPU and this device has 2 CPU' s and in the current release we only support one CPU. The other will be supported in the future for the IPS or other function. Let me know if you have any further questions regarding this issue. No time frame was given though.
Zeihold_von_SSL

Sorry guys but I don' t understand your concerns. New Cisco switches, like our 3750X doesn' t have a regular serial port (rs232 to console port) either and usb works like a charm. You just have to install a console driver (this might be a problem for user who use other operating systems than Windows) and plug in the mini usb cable. After that I can open a terminal session on COM<nr> with putty and that' s it. I would be more interested in knowing wich operating systems are supported by Fortinet! Cause this might be the real problem!

Regards Rene ---

[size="1"]FCNSA.v5, FCNSP.v5, FCESP[/size]

Home: FWF60D FortiAP 220B Office: FWF60C, FWF60D, FGT110C, FGT200B, FortiManager, FortiAnalyzer, FortiAP 220B

Regards Rene --- [size="1"]FCNSA.v5, FCNSP.v5, FCESP[/size] Home: FWF60D FortiAP 220B Office: FWF60C, FWF60D, FGT110C, FGT200B, FortiManager, FortiAnalyzer, FortiAP 220B
Maik

Sorry guys but I don' t understand your concerns. New Cisco switches, like our 3750X doesn' t have a regular serial port (rs232 to console port) either
1. Remote Management: A Core Switch is not a Firewall. The Firewall is placed at a perimeter and maybe sits on a different continent. if I " cut" my access line (The WAN link), how I' m supposed to access the Firewall? the serial device attached to a plain old phone modem can help as out of band scenario. How can I access a PC with USB connection " behind" the firewall if it has no internet access? Well, there are ways (UTMS cards for example, but i don' t like to explain somebody in a foreign language and different timezone how they should configure their PC that I can access it remotely) 2) the last 3750x i configured (2weeks ago) had a serial " console" port
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

imho If you cut your access at the WAN, than a serial port is the least of your problem. 2nd, stick a modem on a PC inside and dialin , if you need to 3rd 3750-x comes with serial and usb consoles, I think that was what he was trying to get at.

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
ejhardin

Looking at storaid' s post (first one on page two) and earlier discussion, it would appear these units have a hard disk, but I recently ordered a pair and neither matched his output. The RAM was actually as originally expected at 1841 MB, but hard disk was listed as " not available." Support sent out two new units, but they both show no hard disk as well. Does anyone know what is going on?  
Foritnet please advise... I' m in the same boat. New 60d with 1841 ram but no disk drive. The device can see the hardware but not able to format it. Partition 3 has 12.0 GB available.
ejhardin

Just TFTP my 60d and loaded 5.0.1 and the storage is back. Looks like 5.0.2 removes the hard drive. I hope this is an oversight, if not bad move Fortinet.
ejhardin

second picture
ejhardin

Ok this sucks... Summary on the New 60D 5.0.2 = No hard drive but 2GB memory 5.0.1 = 11GB hard drive but 1GB memory.
SimplicityForce

I can confirm the same behavior on my units: 5.0.2 (build 4162) = No hard drive but 2GB memory default (build 4145) = No hard drive but 2GB memory 5.0.1 (build 4108) = 11GB hard drive but 1GB memory I guess I will contact support and see what they have to say.
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors