Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Deftone
New Contributor

Netflix

Helo all, I' m having problems to watch movies on netflix while web filter enabled. I added some netflix urls to the url filter but it' s not working When I hit play in netflix I get an error. When I disable web filter in the policy it' s working like charm. Someone any idea how to get this to work? The url filter

edit " *netflix.com" 
                 set type wildcard
                 next
                 edit " *nflximg.com" 
                     set type wildcard
                 next
                 edit " *llnwd.net" 
                     set type wildcard
                 next
                 edit " *nflximg.net" 
                     set type wildcard
                 next
Thanks
10 REPLIES 10
mreveraert

This is an update to an old post, but to watch Netflix streaming content behind a Fortigate FortiOS 6.2 (possibly earlier) the Fortigate Inspection Mode to be in FLOW mode (Policy & Objects, IPV4) rather than proxy.  Curiously some services e.g mobile and browser will work in proxy mode, but others e.g. Netflix apps on Roku Player, Sky Q box, ... will not work.  The symptom is that the content appears to be loading (spinning wheel) and at 24% (in my case) an error pops up "We're having trouble playing this title right now. Please try again later or select a different title."    Setting my Fortigate back to Flow solved the problem.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors