Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Not applicable

Need help with Registration (unreachable)

Hi, I am configuring my first fortigate firewall and am having issues getting Firewall to register. I have previously logged onto Fortigate site and registered Serial number. Unsure what the problem is ? any advice ? See image below.
3 REPLIES 3
ede_pfau
SuperUser
SuperUser

Hi, after connecting to the WAN it takes some time until the unit has registered its WAN IP with the next Fortiguard server. Until then the status looks like what you' ve posted. See the main panel in System > Maintenance > Fortiguard. If you don' t get green status here for say, 2 hours after connecting to WAN then something else is blocking your access. Try to confirm that the FG can use DNS properly. From the CLI, do a " exec ping www.someserver.com" to force DNS usage from the box itself. If that doesn' t work the FG will eventually use a fixed IP for reaching out to a Fortiguard server. There should be no filtering upstream of your FG. Fortiguard services need some custom ports >1023 (see the KB for specs). HTH.
Ede Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!
Ede Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!
Not applicable

Troubleshooting Tip: diagnosing FortiGuard problems of Antivirus, Intrusion Prevention, Web Filtering, Spam Filtering http://kb.fortinet.com/kb/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=FD32121
Not applicable

I had the same problem. It' s because the device isn' t aware it should try and register. To get around this, I enabled Scheduled update under Maintenance->Fortiguard, then Click UPdate Now. Give it a while. I don' t even have the subscription for AV, but this worked for us when Fortinet TAC tried it.
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors