Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
speedy96
New Contributor

Native Windows VPN and local Lan access

Hi All

I have manged to setup a windows native VPN connection to my FortiGate and also gain internet access via the VPN which is all great. However I was hoping by unticking  "use default gateway on remote network" on the windows VPN interface it would then allow me to browse the internet and access local resources on the LAN I am connecting from. Unfortunately this does give me local internet and resource access back but I lose connection to the remote LAN behind the FortiGate VPN. Is it possible to have access to both via the windows VPN client?

I hope that makes sense and many thanks for your help

Kind Regards

Speedy

2 Solutions
kajlasunil
Staff
Staff
kajlasunil
Staff
Staff

In the VPN itself, there is no split tunnel option for L2TP. However, it is achievable by making certain changes to the DHCP parameters (indirect way to configure split tunnel)

ks

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
speedy96

Hi KS,

I have followed the article but I am stuck when assigning the dhcp server. It will not let me use zero's as specified in the article. see screenshot, any ideas?

fortinet.jpg

speedy96

Hi KS,

I think I am nearly there on this. Although the routes don't seem to be coming through from the l2t.root interface. I'm pretty sure I have everything right, I even matched the configuration in the KB article and just added the routes for my internal LAN in the hexadecimal values. Any ideas where I may be going wrong?

fn1.jpgfn2.jpg

speedy96

Just to add if I manually add the routes from windows it works fine....

speedy96

KS,

I just wanted to say thanks so much for your help, I now have this working. It turns out I had calculated the Hex Values wrong. I googled for a different IP - Hex tool and it gave me the correct values and then the routes added perfectly and the split tunnel works like a charm. Thanks for all you help. Problem sorted :)

Speedy

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors