Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
apex
New Contributor

NSE5

Hello everyone,

I'm looking to take the NSE5 exam and was wondering if anyone who has already taken it could share their experience? 

Many thanks!

A

1 Solution
Courtney_Schwartz

The braindumps we have seen on the Internet usually are fakes -- not the actual exam. Fortinet is not associated with them in any way. Given that you'd be buying essentially a black market product, don't be surprised if they're a fraud cheating you out of your money.

For the few that are real, the questions are stolen. They are in violation of the NDA contract you agree to when taking the exam. Violators are stripped of their NSE certification. They're subject to a DMCA action by Fortinet Legal.

But you don't need braindumps, anyway.

Fortinet provides practice questions when you take the FortiManager and FortiAnalyzer prep courses. If you use your Study Guide book and the practice questions we give you -- for free --  passing rate data shows that it's very unlikely that you would fail.

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20
Fullmoon
Contributor III

i heard fortisiem module will be included for NSE 5 exam. is there any info when (month and year) they gonna incorporate? appreciate your feedback

Fortigate Newbie

Fortigate Newbie
hklb
Contributor II

Hi,

I asked to the training team one month ago, here is the reponse :

[size="3"]

The current NSE 5 certification exam is based on FortiOS 5.2 and includes FortiAnalyzer and FortiManager. The certification exam will be updated later this year and will be based on FortiOS 5.4 and will include FortiSIEM.
[/size]

Lucas

Fullmoon
Contributor III

Greetings! thanks Lucas. are you NSE 5 already?

Fortigate Newbie

Fortigate Newbie
hklb
Contributor II

Not anymore, my certificate has expired on january..

But I have the exam on Monday...

Fullmoon
Contributor III

good luck Lucas!

Fortigate Newbie

Fortigate Newbie
Fullmoon
Contributor III

Hi Lucas, hows NSE 5 exam? Are you certified already? 

Fortigate Newbie

Fortigate Newbie
Alby23

NSE5 is, in my humble opinion, one of the most "tricky" exams in the sense that you should have a good knowledge, both technical and practical, related to FAZ and FMG.

Questions (and answers) are sometimes long to read so you should move fast in order to avoid to finish your time 

hklb
Contributor II

Fullmoon wrote:

Hi Lucas, hows are NSE 5 exam? Are you certified already? 

Hi

Yes, I passed the exam. If you are familiar with FMG/FAZ, it's not so difficult (in my opinion). But it's more difficult than the NSE6 exam, like Alby said, you have to know the product, not only the theory. For exemple, I passed the NSE6 without any knowledge of the product (fsa, fac, fml and fwb).

Lucas

Fullmoon
Contributor III

great!...nice to hear Lucas!

Fortigate Newbie

Fortigate Newbie
horatiu99

Hi everyone,

I'm sitting the NSE 5 exam next week.

I have a few questions:

1. Are there many SQL related questions in the exam?

2. Are there only FMG and FAZ related questions, or are there Fortigate questions as well in the exam?

3. Last year when I sat the NSE 4 exam I trained using the end-of-course questions from the online self-paced courses, available from the Fortinet Training site (https://gm1.geolearning.com/geonext/fortinet/login.geo), as well as as a practice exam. Unfortunately since December 2016 this was replaced by the NSE Institute training site (https://training.fortinet.com/) available from the Fortinet Partner Portal (https://partnerportal.fortinet.com/English/). There are no end-of-course questions anymore now, and no practice exam.

So at this point I am practically going to the exam without any kind of practice, except my own working knowledge with FAZ and FMG and the NSE 5 course theory.

What did you use for practice?

Regards,

Horatiu

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors