Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
kulas
New Contributor

NSE4 Exam FortiOS 5.6.2 or v6.0.0

Hi Experts,

I just want to know your insights. I was preparing to take NSE4 exam but I'm a bit confused on what FortiOS should I take for review and is taking review self-paced is enough to pass the exam? Thank's in advance.

Regards,

Kulas

5 REPLIES 5
Toshi_Esumi
SuperUser
SuperUser

Direct answers to both questions would be "depends".

I suggest you take the version that you touch every day. Some parts might be quite different although I knew only 5.6.2 since I took the exam last month. So never saw 6.0 materials.

And I'm one of them who just studied the study guides (two pdf files) and skipped lab sessions and took the exam since time constraints. I barely passed. I recommend you complete lab sessions.

Toshi

kulas

Thank's Toshi for your insights.

If I would go to the version I handled most of the time, it would be version 5.4 but I doubt it was already replaced by 5.6.2. I guess I have to go to 5.6.2 version.

Regards,

Kulas

Alexis_G

Hi

I was familiar with 5.2, 5.4 FortiOS versions

I took 5.6 certification which has great differences with 5.4.

BUT !!!! 5.6 with 6.0 is almost similar , i tried to compare the diffs between 5.6 and 6.0 and i couldn t find in the official courses, just 10 pages more in 6.0 (aproximatelly).

--------------------------------------------

If all else fails, use the force !

-------------------------------------------- If all else fails, use the force !
mathibault

I would say to choose the version you are most familiar with. Don't go with 6.0 if you never worked/studied it because you might not be aware of some specific feature. If you are starting from scratch, you might as well go with the 6.0.

In the end, it's not the review version you choose but the knowledge of networking and fortios core feature that will get you that certificate.

Good luck mate!

Alexis_G

I would like to mention that version 5.4 certification is obsolete. You need to take 5.6 or 6.

I suppose that most of enginneer ar not very familiar with 5.6 (like 5.4). So as i told you that 5.6 with 6 do not have great diffs , its no so important what you choose. If iwas to retake I would choose 6.0 in order to familiarize with the new come flavor of FortiOS.

--------------------------------------------

If all else fails, use the force !

-------------------------------------------- If all else fails, use the force !
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors