Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
thanks111
New Contributor

NSE4 (5.4 vs 5.6)

Hi guys, 

I ended up booking 5.6 exam, as it is much newer. However I am thinking of changing it, as only material that I have is for 5.4. 

I was just thinking, conecpt behind this 2 exams would be same right? or are they much different ?

At work usually get to configure 5.4 (sometimes 5.6) and i have been building own labs using VM(5.6)

I dont have acess to partner portal so any help would be much appriciated?

Exam cost me 400USD + 60usd(taxes) so pretty expensive, so I am kinda worried it could be a waste of money

thanks D

2 REPLIES 2
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

A reason logic will dictate to use the latest  version and v6.0 is what you should look for imho.

As far  cost that does not seem right if this the exam-only.

As far as as a partnerportal, you do not need that.

https://www.fortinet.com/...ert-program/nse-4.html

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
thanks111

Hey Emnoc, Thank you for replying. Well i booked exam yesterday and that's how much it costs at Pearson vue. ( I book all my exams there, Cisco/Microsoft) As fast as version, i see where you coming from, but i have no experience with 6.0. and material for 6.0 is hard to get. I am having trouble getting material for 5.6! And idk, everybody says best way to study partner portal, so i can fortigate 1 and 2 ! And than be ready but yeah! What you think 5.4 and 5.6 much different?
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors