Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
localhost
Contributor III

NSE 8 - Current status

While reading the NSE8 Exam description (http://www.fortinet.com/sites/default/files/NSE8_Certification_ExamDescription.pdf), some questions popped up.

Apparently the tested topics and firmware versions can change any time without notice.

Is there already a NSE8 update planned this year? If the topics and firmware versions would change, would these changes have a different exam number? So that you can choose to take the old or new exam?

It seems that the written exam can already be scheduled at pearson vue. Is the practical exam already out of beta?

How would a remotely scheduled session look like?

2 Solutions
jerry3105
New Contributor

Holy

NSE 8 NSE 1 - 7
58 REPLIES 58
hklb
Contributor II

Hi,

I passed the written. Personnally, I never use dump because :

1) is cheating

2) you learn nothing

3) you are not sure they are correct

If you are NSE4,5,6 and 7 (and you didn't use dump to pass the exam), you are able to pass the written. But you have to follow all the trainings, read the docs, ... 

Lucas

zorg1983

Can you guys share you material with me?

hklb
Contributor II

All the things you have to read is here :

- docs.fortinet

- cookbook.fortinet.

- kb.fortinet.com

training.fortinet.com

zorg1983
New Contributor

Ok.

Thanks.

Joe.

Holy

Guys did any of you heard about www.nse8.com/ seems like they are offering nse8 Training Bootcamp for Exam preparation. 

Did someone already attended this training? how was it?

Thanks

NSE 8 

NSE 1 - 7

NSE 8 NSE 1 - 7
Anton_T
New Contributor

Holy wrote:

Guys did any of you heard about www.nse8.com/ seems like they are offering nse8 Training Bootcamp for Exam preparation. 

Did someone already attended this training? how was it?

Thanks

Hey,

I actually contacted PrepForce asking about NSE8 training (www.nse8.com) and ended up registering myself to this training. They seem to have very advanced bootcamp and lab scenarios that try to mimic real exam as much as possible. As the practical exam seems to be very hard, I decided to invest into preparation.

Cannot say much more about this, but after I finish training, I can let you know more.

Zilitonas
New Contributor II

Anton.T

We will be waiting for info after your bootcamp. When do you go to courses?

Anton_T

Ziltonas,

I will attend the training in mid September. I will definitely share my insights after. 

amroon_85

Hello,

I'm preparing the NSE8 LAB exam but i'm asking about any LAB scenarios that I can use it.

sotir1984
New Contributor II

Hi,

Have you taken the bootcamp? Is it worth it?

Sotir

-1984-

-1984-
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors