Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
localhost
Contributor III

NSE 8 - Current status

While reading the NSE8 Exam description (http://www.fortinet.com/sites/default/files/NSE8_Certification_ExamDescription.pdf), some questions popped up.

Apparently the tested topics and firmware versions can change any time without notice.

Is there already a NSE8 update planned this year? If the topics and firmware versions would change, would these changes have a different exam number? So that you can choose to take the old or new exam?

It seems that the written exam can already be scheduled at pearson vue. Is the practical exam already out of beta?

How would a remotely scheduled session look like?

2 Solutions
jerry3105
New Contributor

Holy

NSE 8 NSE 1 - 7
58 REPLIES 58
AtiT
Valued Contributor

As Holy said there is something mentioned about the exam to take remotely. How does it work?

NSE 8

[ul]
  • Distributors and Platinum Partners, your NSE 8 certification is due soon (please see main Training Page for your region's compliancy date). Remember that NSE 8 level is comprised of two exams, a written exam administered at Pearson Vue, after which a practical exam can be taken either remotely or in person at one of Fortinet's NSE test centers worldwide.[/ul]
  • AtiT

AtiT
    Holy

Hello Guys,

i have passed my NSE8 Written 2 Weeks ago and now preparig for NSE8 Practical in Sophia.

i hope that the Topics that are described in NSE8 Preparation Guide will still be the same and also the Firmware Versions.

for Example there is mentioned:

FortiADC (D series) operation and configuration i. Basic networking ii. Deployment options iii. System management iv. Server load balancing and its components

so i can be sure that Link Load balancing is not in scope for the exam?

FortiWeb operation and configuration i. Basic networking ii. Deployment options iii. Policy configuration iv. User authentication v. Load balancing configuration vi. Attack blocking behavior and configuration

so here i can be sure that for Example SIte Publishing is not in scope?

But the biggest questin is about FortiVoice :)

FortiVoice Enterprise

i. Basic settings and operation ii. Phone system settings and extensions

its not much but the question is, how can i prepare for that? i have now FortiVoice VM and now? no Phones... how can i test something and how will it be on exam? wil be there any phones?

would be kind if someone could answer this questions.

Thank you

NSE 8 

NSE 1 - 7

NSE 8 NSE 1 - 7
    boneyard
    Valued Contributor

@holy i think the wise thing will be those ask Fortinet directly, as you are probably in contact already with them they can answer this (or say they won't) without any issue.

if someone will answer here based on their experience they are breaking the NDA and might get into trouble, so please take this up with Fortinet themselves. if you can share the answer please do.

and as AtiT is asking how does this remote exam work for you?

Holy

Hello,

yes probably i will now contact fortinet again directly.

i dont know how remote schould work i will do the exam Onsite in France Sophia.

boneyard wrote:

@holy i think the wise thing will be those ask Fortinet directly, as you are probably in contact already with them they can answer this (or say they won't) without any issue.

if someone will answer here based on their experience they are breaking the NDA and might get into trouble, so please take this up with Fortinet themselves. if you can share the answer please do.

and as AtiT is asking how does this remote exam work for you?

NSE 8 

NSE 1 - 7

NSE 8 NSE 1 - 7
    MikePruett
    Valued Contributor

Good luck on your practical. I hope you pass!

Mike Pruett Fortinet GURU | Fortinet Training Videos
    ausafali88

@holy good luck with your preparations. Hope you bring us valuable feedback(in bounds of the NDA) from the exam esp. about remote scheduling.

Regards

Holy

ausafali88 wrote:

@holy good luck with your preparations. Hope you bring us valuable feedback(in bounds of the NDA) from the exam esp. about remote scheduling.

Regards

Hi,

Thank you.

Feedback... as mentioned above i can realy recommend the NSE8 Preparation PDF From Fortinet. Build you own lab, practise, watch your time.

we didnt have remote scheduling and no one told us how it should look like.

NSE 8 

NSE 1 - 7

NSE 8 NSE 1 - 7
    ausafali88

According to Fortinet site:

[ul]
  • Language: English only
  • Available at: On site or remotely; scheduling required
  • Cost: $ 1600.00
  • Number of tasks: 48
  • Time allowed to complete: 2 days; proctored
  • Scoring method: Task must be 100% correct for credit. No partial credit. No deduction for incorrect answers.
  • Type of tasks: Hands-on configuration and troubleshooting
  • Time required between attempts: 15 days
  • Time for acknowledgement/score to be reflected in FLC transcripts: 21 days
  • Scoring: Pass or fail
  • Test taker will receive a document with pass or fail general result including sections passed or failed. No further details or assistance will be provided[/ul]

This is the information avaliable on site for NSE8 exam....please can anyone confirm how remote scheduling works for NSE 8 lab exam and if Fortinet yet provides a list of locations worldwide?

waiting eagerly for your replies.

• Fahad
    New Contributor III

hi guys,

am planning for the NSE8 which guide is best to study from ?

FCSNP 5, JNCIS-FW,JNCIA-SSL ,MCSE, ITIL.

FCSNP 5, JNCIS-FW,JNCIA-SSL ,MCSE, ITIL.
    ausafali88

@Fahad, there is no book/guide for studying NSE8, experience counts here.....

Labels
    Top Kudoed Authors