Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
localhost
Contributor III

NSE 8 - Current status

While reading the NSE8 Exam description (http://www.fortinet.com/sites/default/files/NSE8_Certification_ExamDescription.pdf), some questions popped up.

Apparently the tested topics and firmware versions can change any time without notice.

Is there already a NSE8 update planned this year? If the topics and firmware versions would change, would these changes have a different exam number? So that you can choose to take the old or new exam?

It seems that the written exam can already be scheduled at pearson vue. Is the practical exam already out of beta?

How would a remotely scheduled session look like?

2 Solutions
jerry3105
New Contributor

Holy

NSE 8 NSE 1 - 7
58 REPLIES 58
pcraponi
Contributor II

I was approved on NSE8 written on pearson vue. The Exam itself is not about versions, but about concept, troubleshooting and design. You do not need to stay in features, but in "best way to something work". What I can say "out of the NDA" are: Learn more about Fortinet products that you can..

My practical exam will be next month on Fortinet Miami/USA office. I don't know if it is beta yet.

regards.

Regards, Paulo Raponi

Regards, Paulo Raponi
jerry3105

Hi,

As I'm sure everyone knows NDA prevents all test takers from sharing any information about the exam.

Having said that, I can back up what p****oni said:

it's about networking and security concepts that any individual certified at this level should handle fluently, rather than a specific firmware way-of-doing-things. I've taken both the written & lab parts of it and this applies equally for each one of them.   

I highly recommend going through all previous NSE level's training and hands-on practice before attempting NSE8. AFAIK NSE8 written test is already available at PearsonVue centers.

Cheers!

Holy

Are there also some exotical Things like FrotiDDOS, FortiDNS that you have to configure?

or is it FortiGate, Mail, Web, Client?

Are there any Trainings planed for NSE8 in Europe?

Thank you

NSE 8 

NSE 1 - 7

NSE 8 NSE 1 - 7
jerry3105
New Contributor

pcraponi

The products are: Fortigate, FortiADC-D, FortiWeb, Fortimail, FortiSandbox, FortiVoice, FortiAuthenticator and FortiManager (working as Manager and Analyzer).

The written exam are on Pearson Vue worldwide. The practical exam are only in Fortinet Latam HQ in Fort Lauderdale, FL, USA today... they will increase the locations soon.

Regards,

Paulo Raponi, NSE8

Regards, Paulo Raponi

Regards, Paulo Raponi
Holy

Hello,

thank you both for the Information. i am NSE7 right now and i see now that i do need a FrotiADC Training and FortiVoice.

How deep do they go by FortiWeb, Mail, ADC and so on? 

Paulo Gratulation on your NSE8! 

it is mentioned that the practical Exam can be done remotely. How is that possible?

Paulo at the scale of 1 to 10 how difficult was the Practical exam?

Thank you

NSE 8 

NSE 1 - 7

NSE 8 NSE 1 - 7
pcraponi
Contributor II

Hi Holy,

Unfortunately after pass on the exam, I receive a Fortinet e-mail with a NDA about it. So I cannot talk about the exam itself... 

But as a NSE7, I can say that will have a great chance to complete the exam.

The exam cover exactly the topics that are in this document:

https://www.fortinet.com/content/dam/fortinet/assets/training/NSE8_Certification_ExamDescription.pdf

regards,

Paulo R.

Regards, Paulo Raponi

Regards, Paulo Raponi
Holy

I see, allright Thank you very much.

now i have to do my homework with ADC and FortiVoice and then make a first try for a written exam.

The written Exam also covers all of this Topics? icluding ADC and FortiVoice?

NSE 8 

NSE 1 - 7

NSE 8 NSE 1 - 7
boneyard
Valued Contributor

the document lists general study topics, i would assume that is for both written and pratical. if you want to be 100% sure ask Fortinet themselves as others revealing topics from the exam might get them into problems.

from what i heard you can now also schedule in France for the practical exam.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors