Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
rwpatterson
Valued Contributor III

My Fortigate Scripts

Hey folks. I know many of you have grown accustomed to using the scripts I have on my web site. Well it seems Verizon (FiOS) decided to disable HTTP traffic inbound on home accounts. Those scripts are no longer viewable from the Internet. I'm sorry that they took this approach. Monetarily, I'm not sure if I want to start plunking down an additional sum of money monthly just to provide a free service to people. Let me chew on alternatives in the interim. Again, I apologize and I am working in the background to find some cost worthy alternative.

Bob

Bob - self proclaimed posting junkie!
See my Fortigate related scripts at: http://fortigate.camerabob.com

Bob - self proclaimed posting junkie!See my Fortigate related scripts at: http://fortigate.camerabob.com
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello rwpatterson, 

Thank you for using the Community Forum. I will seek to get you an answer or help. We will reply to this thread with an update as soon as possible. 

Thanks, 

Fortinet Community Team 

sw2090
Honored Contributor

hm you could use github or something similar for hosting your scripts?

-- 

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams

-- "It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams
Debbie_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Hey Bob,

thanks for letting us know :).

Also, totally understandable that you don't want to spend additional money to provide a free service.

I would have also suggested something like github, but sw2090 beat me to it.

Looking forward to when your scripts are available again!

+++ Divide by Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe and Reboot +++
Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor III

As Sebastian said GitHub would be the best if you want to keep it for free. But Cloud VM services are not so expensive nowadays. I'm paying only $4.xx/mo for multiple purposes including HTTP host (soon to be HTTPS), which is less costly than $10-15/mon for a static IP on a home circuit.

Good luck with searching a solution.

Toshi

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors