Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Gabilanyi
New Contributor

Moving antenna to the roof...

I just got a FortiGate FG-40F-3G4G and I need to move the GSM antenna to the roof to get a proper signal (about 10 yards from where the router is located). Is there a readily available cable I can use? And if not, where can I find the specifications of the connectors I need in order to produce such a cable? Thx

1 Solution
ozkanaltas
Contributor III

Hello @Gabilanyi ,

As @AEK said, the best option is to use Fortiextender.

Also, you can use a high-gain GSM antenna with a long cable.

Or you can buy an SMA extension cable for the default antenna. I didn't try with an extension cable. But my customer uses a high-gain antenna with long cables like 5-6 meters. He is pleased.

If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.
NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW

View solution in original post

If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW
3 REPLIES 3
AEK
SuperUser
SuperUser

Just in case such cable isn't available then you may need a FortiExtender.

https://www.fortinet.com/content/dam/fortinet/assets/data-sheets/FortiExtender.pdf

AEK
AEK
ozkanaltas
Contributor III

Hello @Gabilanyi ,

As @AEK said, the best option is to use Fortiextender.

Also, you can use a high-gain GSM antenna with a long cable.

Or you can buy an SMA extension cable for the default antenna. I didn't try with an extension cable. But my customer uses a high-gain antenna with long cables like 5-6 meters. He is pleased.

If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.
NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW
Gabilanyi

Thank you so much. This was very helpful.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors