Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
digilogsys
New Contributor

Moving Logs from FAZ 1000D to FAZ 1000F

Hi,

This is Mohammed Tayib

We are presently migrating from old FAZ 1000D to FAZ 1000F.

The Firmware on FAZ-1000D is 6.0.2

The Firmware on FAZ-1000F is 6.4.5

We have to move the complete logs available on FAZ 1000D to FAZ 1000F.

As per technical team only option is to load the files manually.

However once loaded the database rebuild gets stuck at some point or the other.

We have tried even resetting the device and redoing the process again without any results.

As per the TAC team Fletcher management cannot copy logs from a lower OS to Higher version.

Can you please let us know if there is a work around as we have tried several times without any results.

Rgds

MTT

1 Solution
amouawad
Staff
Staff

The problem is that the latest firmware FAZ 1000D supports is 6.0, and the earliest that FAZ 1000F supports is 6.2.1, so there's a gap there.

One way I would suggest trying is getting a FAZ VM trial license and installing 6.0.2. Transfer the logs from 1000D > VM. Upgrade the VM to 6.4.5 then transfer the logs from VM > 1000F.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
amouawad
Staff
Staff

The problem is that the latest firmware FAZ 1000D supports is 6.0, and the earliest that FAZ 1000F supports is 6.2.1, so there's a gap there.

One way I would suggest trying is getting a FAZ VM trial license and installing 6.0.2. Transfer the logs from 1000D > VM. Upgrade the VM to 6.4.5 then transfer the logs from VM > 1000F.

digilogsys

Hi Amouawad,

Thank-you indeed for the response.

My apologies for the delay in response due to an medical emergency.

Anyways, whilst thanking you, have already instructed our team to take this forward.

Shall keep you posted on the development.

Meanwhile, Fortinet should come out with a solution for this as any trade-up or tech refresh will always call for latest equipment with latest firmware, hence Fortinet should work on a solution for smooth migration for moving of Config, logs etc seamlessly from one box to the other.

Just a thought.

Thank you once again for the support.

Rgds

MTT

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors