Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Jeff_the_Network_Guy
New Contributor III

Mostly captive portal

We have set up a captive portal for guest wireless access. We want to put an Apple TV device on it so that guest iPads can access it for meeting presentation purposes. Can we allow the AppleTV access to the internet without authenticating it to the portal?
----------------(-- Jeff
----------------(-- Jeff
3 REPLIES 3
Jeff_the_Network_Guy
New Contributor III

I ended up contacting support on this. There is no way to allow a device through a captive portal without authentication. I know that may sound obvious, but I was really hoping for a CLI based exception.
----------------(-- Jeff
----------------(-- Jeff
Dave_Hall
Honored Contributor

No chance of setting up a separate wireless AP that would be exclusively by the Apple TV device? (Or you could even make this AP accessible for guest iPads for the purpose of meeting presentations only -- blocking all access to the Internet to all but the Apple TV device.)

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C
Jeff_the_Network_Guy
New Contributor III

I suppose I could, but I was trying to avoid the whole " One network for internet access" , and " One network for AppleTV access" scenario. We' re toying with a Aerohive Bonjour Gateway appliance.
----------------(-- Jeff
----------------(-- Jeff
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors