Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Dopin
New Contributor

Monitor HA state using SNMP

Hi

I have an active/passive cluster of FortiGate 1500D and I'm trying to find a way to monitor the HA state of a single box by using SNMP. I have found a lot of SNMP trap related to HA state but I can't find an OID that I can query to know the HA state at a specific point in time. Any help would be appreciated

Dominic

4 REPLIES 4
Jeff_FTNT
Staff
Staff

You may try to download FortiGate MIB on FGT GUI:System->COnfig->SNMP, put it on your SNMP server MIB tree.

It include HA related OID under :

Name:

fgHighAvailability

Oid:

Dopin

Thanks for the reply Jeff

I have already installed the Fotigate MIB on our SNMP Server but I can't find an OID that clearly told me the current HA state of the box that I query. The only thing I have found is fgHaStatsMasterSerial wich contains the list of serial number of all the master in a cluster but it's not exactly what I'm looking for. Do you have a better idea to find the current HA state of a particular box?

Dominic

emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

Op,

I don't think there's a state ( up or down )  but what I did was to write script plugin that queried the HA-cluster for the 2 strings that matches the 2 pairs

Here's a pair of FGT100C

SNMPv2-SMI::enterprises.12356.101.13.2.1.1.2.1 = STRING: "FG100C3G096xxxxx" SNMPv2-SMI::enterprises.12356.101.13.2.1.1.2.2 = STRING: "FG100C3G096xxxxx"

If the snmp query failes on .2, than I know the cluster is down. This along with  the switch interfaceIndex, I have a true ideal if the pair is down

edit: here's some basic oids for HA

docs-legacy.fortinet.com/fos50hlp/50/index.html#page/FortiOS%25205.0%2520Help/HA_maintenance.085.19.html

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
Jeff_FTNT
Staff
Staff

How about this ?

Name:

fgHaStatsTable

Oid:

Labels