Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
giusepbe
New Contributor II

Missing "Security Profiles" menu in Fortigate VM 7.014 for ESXi

Hi Everyone,

I'm running Fortigate VM 7.0.14 for ESXi with 15dd trial license, the webui is lacking the "Security Profiles" item: is this due to the trial license or should I enable it from anywhere?

Thanks

2 Solutions
ozkanaltas

Hello @giusepbe ,

I think you deployed the wrong image.  If the file name starts with FFW, this is a FortiFirewall image. This image is a subscription-based image. 

Can you re-deploy with the FGT image?

FGT_VM64-v7.4.3.F-build2573-FORTINET.out.ovf.zip

image.png

If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.
NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW

View solution in original post

If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW
AEK

With 15d eval license you don't have any FortiGuard service, i.e.: signature update (AV, IPS), web rating, ISDB updates and so.

As you may know these are crucial for NGFW.

AEK

View solution in original post

AEK
8 REPLIES 8
AEK
SuperUser
SuperUser

Hi

I have a 15d trial VM 7.0.14 for KVM and the security profiles are all here.

AEK
AEK
ozkanaltas
Contributor III

Hello @giusepbe ,

Maybe all features configured are disabled in the Feature visibility menu. Can you check this menu? 

System -> Feature Visibility

Also, can you try with another browser?

If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW
giusepbe
New Contributor II

Hi,

thank you for your feedback. All the features are enabled in "Feature Visibility", as you can see from the screenshot below.

One important correction I have to report is that the hypervisor is VMWare Workstation 17, not ESXi as previously specified.

The browser is Chrome  v.123, I also tried a different browser with same result.

Thanks

Snap11.png

ozkanaltas

Hello @giusepbe ,

I think you deployed the wrong image.  If the file name starts with FFW, this is a FortiFirewall image. This image is a subscription-based image. 

Can you re-deploy with the FGT image?

FGT_VM64-v7.4.3.F-build2573-FORTINET.out.ovf.zip

image.png

AEK

@ozkanaltasis right, your screenshot shows FortiFirewall, not FortiGate.

AEK
AEK
giusepbe
New Contributor II

Thank you

you are absolutely right, for some reasons I got confused and installed the wrong image.

I installed the FGT* one and Security Profiles are all visible now, although I see IPS, AV nd WEB are not licensed: is it because the evaluation license does not support them?

Snap12.png

AEK

With 15d eval license you don't have any FortiGuard service, i.e.: signature update (AV, IPS), web rating, ISDB updates and so.

As you may know these are crucial for NGFW.

AEK
AEK
giusepbe
New Contributor II

OK the IPS's signatures updates are not supported, but is the IPS engine working with the installed set?

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors