Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
vladyslaw
New Contributor

Migration from Physical appliance to Virtual

Hi all, 

Today we have a physical FortiAnalyzer 200D since it will end of life soon, we want to migrate to FortiAnalyzer VM,

Can any body give a best practice or suggestions  for the process? 

3 REPLIES 3
Frosty
Contributor

Can't comment regarding Best Practice, but about 18 months ago we moved from an FL100C to FAZ-VM and we used the following process:

* obtain FAZ-VM and deploy (we are on vSphere)

* configure basics

* build custom reports again 

(we had about half a dozen custom reports, so obtained SQL queries from old FL100C, rebuilt them on the new FAZ-VM, etc).

I can't recall whether there was any export/import process for the reports themselves.  I have a vague recollection that I just re-did them, using the old designs as a general guide, so probably only the SQL was copied over.

We're really happy with the performance of the FAZ-VM compared to the old physical appliance.  Massively faster on our infrastructure (all-flash storage).

emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

You should be able to export reports on FAZ. We too where on FAZ VM. The report would be a file with <name>.dat and you import the reports. I would make a backup of the reports import the new reports after license registration/binding and direct the appliances to the new FAZ.

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
brazz_FTNT

Hey, 

What is the Version running on your FAZ ?

Thanks

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors