Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
qbanez
New Contributor

Migrating to SD-WAS with 1. Existing WAN1-(DSL) 2. NEW LeasedLine WAN2 3. NEW LeasedlineBU Port5

Hi everyone. How are you? I'm using a FortiGate 100EF.

Currently i have a single WAN a DSL connection on WAN1 Port. Were gonna upgrade our internet with a Leased line 10Mbps with a Back-up line.

I tried to create an sd-wan but i cant choose my existing WAN1. Do I have to remove the policies, VPN, port forwarding associated to that port in order to add it in the SD-wan? What would be the ideal to do with the Backup leased line? Do i have to add it as a 3rd in the SD-wan or shall i create a different SD-WAN with the WAN1 and Port5?

Thank you

1 REPLY 1
AlexC-FTNT
Staff
Staff

Do I have to remove the policies, VPN, port forwarding associated to that port in order to add it in the SD-wan? 

>> Yes. You need to remove all the references. For policies, instead of deleting them, you can temporarily replace the destination interface with an unused interface (make sure that you don't cut your access)

What would be the ideal to do with the Backup leased line? Do i have to add it as a 3rd in the SD-wan or shall i create a different SD-WAN with the WAN1 and Port5?

>> this is a personal opinion and highly depends on what you try to achieve. Do you want to use it for traffic only in case all the other ISP lines fail? You can simply add it with higher distance or lower priority in a separate default static route.
If you want to use it actively for load-blancing, then you need to add it to the SDWAN. 

- Toss a 'Like' to your fixxer, oh Valley of Plenty! and chose the solution, too00oo -
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors