Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
thestevinator
New Contributor

Migrate FortiMail from FML100C to FML200E Gateway Mode

What are the steps to do a migration in gateway mode?  Is their documentation for that scenario?  I have seen the post that refers to the admin guide for server mode only and the manual does not cover gateway mode at all. Does the firmware need to be identical?  Please advise.

server mode only post:  https://forum.fortinet.com/tm.aspx?m=152415

2 REPLIES 2
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

Will these 2 mode are very different

1: I would start by exporting the users from  the server-mode unit( mail data  backup )

2: on the actually mail-server, you will need the mbox crafted

3: it's a good time to use LDAP for recipient  verification

4: and lastly lift all  policies and walk-them over to the  FML acting as gateway

5: monitor the new installation rollback to server mode if you  see any weirdness

6: keep the old server-mode FML install ( but don not receive mail  or process mail ), so users can login into it to  collect data ( contact, mail,etc.....)

I believe support has some   ad-hoc tools for moving things around but open a ticket to see what they have.

That's the  10k foot but that 's what I would do.

Ken

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
Bromont_FTNT

If the 100C was gateway mode then you may not care about quarantine mail on the 100C. In 5.4 you can just restore the older config even from a different platform. Some options may have changed so it's a good idea to verify the config after the restore.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors