Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
AEK
SuperUser
SuperUser

Migrate Cisco core switch to FortiSwitch

Hi FortiSwitch integrators

If you have experience in this topic + knowledge in both Cisco & FortiSwitch, can you enumerate the main problems that we may encounter when we migrate Cisco core switch for FortiSwitch? I mean in terms of capabilities and migration work as well.

AEK
AEK
3 REPLIES 3
DPadula
Staff
Staff

Hi AEK,

Would be difficult to list all the possible issues regarding a migration from Cisco to FortiSwitch once each environment is unique. Maybe another user that has deployed something similar in the past could give us an idea regarding the most common issues. 

If you need help with the project you should contact you AM and request some help. I believe the SE or TAM team would be able to help with this request, but is better to confirm with the AM. 

Here are the services provided by the TAM team:

https://community.fortinet.com/t5/Customer-Service/Technical-Tip-Support-Portal-Advanced-Services-Re...

Toshi_Esumi
SuperUser
SuperUser

At least I know three limitations depending on whether you use "FGT managed over fortilink" or "standalone" mode.
1. No stacking, MCLAG only, regardless of the mode
2.1 If "managed", all VLANs on the switch(es) need to be on the fortilink
2.2 If "managed", you can't apply QoS profile to those fortilink ports

3. lower models don't have any view for QoS counters. Configure & trust only.

Toshi

AEK

Thanks Toshi

Indeed that's very good to know.

AEK
AEK
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors