Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
carl_t
Visitor

Migrate 1 gig physical LAN interface with vlans to X1 10G interface

Hi All

I am looking to migrate an interface on some Fortigate 100D devices from a 1Gig LAN with vlans to a 10G X1 interface.

When I click migrate to interface and click "select and existing interface", the target appears to be blank, why is this?

3 REPLIES 3
dbhavsar
Staff
Staff
sw2090
SuperUser
SuperUser

I didn't even know a 100D can do 10G at all.

Where do you click "migrate to interface"?

-- 

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams

-- "It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams
Toshi_Esumi
SuperUser
SuperUser

That means all interfaces/aggregated interfaces are in use by policies, or something else.
The x1 and x2 on 100F are in fortilink aggregated interface by default, and if you don't see fortilink in the list, you are using the fortilink to connect to a FortiSwitch or something else.
If you want to keep the fortilink connection but repurpose only x1 as the target of migration, you need to remove x1 from fortilink members first.

Toshi 

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors