Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Camilian
New Contributor

Message about Port 80 being in use

Port 80 is being used by another application. Remote access to the EMS management console via port 80 redirect is not possible

5 REPLIES 5
joe_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Where are you receiving this message? If you wish to reach EMS using a web browser and wish to use an HTTP redirect (rather than specifically typing https://address-or-FQDN), then check to see if IIS is running on the server or something else that would use port 80 and disable it. EMS uses an Apache server in the background requiring the use of 443, but 80 redirect is optional.

Camilian

Hi,

Yes I have ISS that is using port 80 and 443 for a hosting website.

If ISS is using ports 80/443 does that means that Forticlient will not work properly or just that I will not be able to reach FortiClient by browser because ports 443/80 are already in use?

Thank you

joe_FTNT

Did the error message that you received above allow the EMS installation to complete? Are you able to open the EMS Console on the server and manage your FortiClients? If yes, then you're okay - FortiClient uses port 8013 to connect to the EMS Server and receive its configuration.

Camilian

Installation went fine and I am able to see my endpoints in the FortiClient.

This is what I got

jnmartins wrote:

Did the error message that you received above allow the EMS installation to complete? Are you able to open the EMS Console on the server and manage your FortiClients? If yes, then you're okay - FortiClient uses port 8013 to connect to the EMS Server and receive its configuration.

joe_FTNT

Then you're okay, you just won't be able to administer the EMS Server using a web browser. You'll have to use the Console.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors