Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
teritt_dz
New Contributor

Memory optimization on Fortigate 60E

Hi All,

General noob question about memory optimization and firmware. I have a 60E that does a lot of work and runs quite high in memory, and has recently started hitting mem conserve mode. I'm aware there are a few ways to bring the memory down, and I am exploring those, but what about firmware?

Are there any memory efficiency gains from potentially updating firmware from 7.0.11 to another version? If so, would Fortinet be able to advise which version to try upgrading to?

Cheers

2 REPLIES 2
Brunn3r
New Contributor III

FortiOS 7.0.11 has several critical vulnerabilities. You should consider an Upgrade anyways.

There is also a Bug regarding the wad process. You can create a automation to restart the wad process on a daily basis.

Further there are a few things you can make to gain some memory. First of all, don't log into your memory. Then proxy based inspection is more memory consuming than flow based.

There is also a technical tip from Fortinet: https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiGate/Technical-Tip-Steps-to-optimize-the-Memory-consumption/t...

AEH
Visitor

Hello,

Yes. Upgrading the firmware may have a positive impact on memory consumption. Either way you should always consider to upgrade to the latest patch available in the version (in your case upgrade to 7.0.15). That will provide you with patches to the latest vulnerabilities and bugs.

Also, before any upgrade operation, make sure to check the known issues and the resolved issues for the target version patch.

Make sure that you check and respect the upgrade path as follows :

7.0.11 > 7.0.13 > 7.0.14 > 7.0.15.

I hope this answers your question.

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors