Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Grumman
New Contributor III

Memory Erased after Restart

Hello,

I had couple of weird instances with a FortiGate 40C running FortiOS 5.0 and a FortiGate 60D running FortiOS 5.4 

When I hit the restart button that is located on the Dashboard under the System Resources Widget the Firewalls rebooted but they never came back to life... The only led that was on was the Power one and everything else was off. I powered off the devices and powered them back on and I had the same thing...

I plugged in a USB cable into them and there was no response in the FortiExplorer... 

I eventually did another restart by unplugging the power and then I got the attached message in the console output of the FortiExplorer...

The restart resulted on erasing the memory completely and I mean not only the settings but it wiped the hole firmware from it!

I had to restore the firmware image from the backup memory to get the device back to life!

Is there a bug with the restart button in the web interface?

Regards,

Thanasis

2 REPLIES 2
Alby23
Contributor II

Never heard such behaviour... moreover with 2 different platform and 2 different FortiOS.

localhost

Probably the internal storage died or is corrupt.

I've had the same issue already with some of our Fortigates.

Check the system log for EXT Filesystem kernel errors.

With this information you can open an RMA case at Fortigate.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors