Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
blazarov
New Contributor

Maximum number of BGP routes supported

Hello, i am in front of a decision of buying a pair of 300C devices. There is just one specific that they will need to handle BGP session with the ISP and they might need to handle a lot of routes. I' ve checked the max values document, but the definition there is quite ambigous. I need to be sure if the device can handle 6000 or 15000 or 20000 or 30000 or 35000 routes? And i really need an official document and statement supporting that. Can someone help me? Thanks in advance!
2 REPLIES 2
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

You need an official statement ? Ha, you better contact support or your reseller for that one & not a public open forum. If you doing BGP on a Fortigate & concern about the number of route objects, than you have major design issue & specially with a 300C. A firewall is just that, a firewall and not a BGP router. I would look at the max matrix pdf, but the performance of your firewall is going to tumble if you start sticking ebgp routes into it. Also the CPs within these devices don' t help with the routing and handling BGP updates.

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
blazarov
New Contributor

OK thanks emnoc. I totally agree with you. But anyways since there is a specialized document for the max values (which i think is very good idea) i think it' s sensible to know if there' s a software maximum or performance limit of the number of routes in the routing table.
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors