Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
KPS
New Contributor III

Managing many firewall policies / rules

Hi!

I want to use a fortigate-cluster as segmentation firewall with many rules. It will be more than 700 rules.

Is there any possibility to use some "structure" in the ruleset?

Other vendors offer:

- Queues with jumps

- Policy-groups

The only thing, i found is the "search" field an to strictly use a naming convention - e.g. in the "comments" and/or "name" field

How do you handle this?

Thank you for your hints

KPS

4 REPLIES 4
Markus
Valued Contributor

Hi In the Gui there are some definde "Policy Groups" (From Interface to Interface) per default. You can also generate own Sections in the Policy Tab of the Gui. Best regards

________________________________________________________--- NSE 4 ---________________________________________________________
KPS
New Contributor III

Hi Markus!

Thank you! I have not been aware of that feature.

Is there a possibility to search for "Where is this object used", too?

Dai
New Contributor II

Hi Most object pages in the GUI can have a column added to show References. Clicking on these hyperlinks will show you which policies and other objects reference each other. Also it may be helpful for color-code function. [link]http://ur2.link/R6ye[/link]
Markus
Valued Contributor

Hi Phil Like Dai remarked, almost on every GUI Page where are Objects, there is a column (Ref.) where you can check all the references of the Object. Best regards

________________________________________________________--- NSE 4 ---________________________________________________________
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors