Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
chromda
New Contributor

Managing FortiClients over EMS - Polices and Update-Packages

Dear All,

my Goal is: All FortiClients managed by the EMS should receive new policies or receive Client updates at any time. Therefore i have the following questions: 1) Regarding the setting on the EMS Server: "Listen on IP" under  -> EMS Settings -> Shared Settings -> Listen on IP. Do you enter the public IP here which e.g. the FortiClients use to reach the EMS server? Or is an internal IP entered here? I would have assumed that it is best to enter a FQDN which points from the outside to the public IP (which is forwarded via NAT to the EMS). And optionally you can resolve the IP in the internal DNS to the internal EMS server IP. Am i right? How do you configure the settings here?

2) What do I have to do to be able to distribute a new FortiClient version to the clients over the Internet at any time? I guess you use "Manage Deployment" for this. Is there a guide that explains the configurations in detail? Because in my tests sometimes the package is deployed, sometimes not even though the client is shown as managed. It seems somehow unreliable / unstable but I think I have not yet found the correct configuration.

Can you help me?

Best Regards

Chromda

1 REPLY 1
peisenberg
Staff
Staff

1.here should be internal ip  (you can fut FQDN in FQDN and custom hostname field)

2. could you please create support ticket with TAC  as there might be many factors causing your issue ?

Pavol

TAC
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors