Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Shadi2007s
New Contributor

MY 30E firewall

i have an 30e firewall i did format it and i want to flash an image with no luck 

it connected to the tftp server i and start the download and after that start time out 

can someone help me in tis 

1.png2.png

6 REPLIES 6
tdrake2406
New Contributor II

Fortinet 30e's sometimes have bad hardware in them and sometimes require an rma.  I would try a different cable to see if that makes any difference.  If not I would open a ticket with tac as we had to rma two of these so far.

Shadi2007s

I dont have support or forticare, and did try many cables 

tdrake2406
New Contributor II

if you try to ping the LAN gateway continuously do you get any packet loss or requests timed out?

Shadi2007s

Before i did the format, when i tried to ping the lan getaway sometime the request timeout and other time packet loss, that why i did the format and wanted to upload it new image 

hbac

Hi @Shadi2007s,

You might be running into a hardware issue as mentioned by tdrake2406. It is worth purchasing a license and get it RMAed. 

Regards, 

pavankr5
Staff
Staff

Dear Customer,

If you're sure the TFTP server is running properly wanting for requests, it's not reachable from the 60D with the IP (192.168.1.1). Check the parameter with [R] in the menu including the interface, local IP, and then the image file name. if still you are facing issues we suggest you o  a ticket and team will assist you with replacement if required.

Thanks,

Pavan

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors