Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Troy_Sorzano
New Contributor

MR3 Patch 11 breaks web filtering?

I just patch a 111C from MR3 Patch 6 to Patch 11. Someting broke with the web filtering and rating overides. This all worked in Patch6 I have a policy to block Search Engines. I have a rating override for google.com as allowed_search. In my policy I allow the " allowed_search" local category. to over ride the block just for google. I upgraded to Patch11 I could not get to google and it said google was in the search engine catagory when it should of said it was in the allowed_search local category. Anyone run into MR3 Patch 11 issues with Web Filtering? Any quick fixes or should I roll back to Patch 6? Thanks, Troy
1 REPLY 1
Dave_Hall
Honored Contributor

Never personally encountered this. Mind you, most of all our Fortigates are sticking/still on 4.0MR3 Patch 7. From the few selective comments I have seen here the preferred firmware on 4.0 MR3 is patch 7 or patch 10. I suggest reloading the config (you saved/backed up prior to the upgrade) back onto the Fortigate -- after it reboots, perform " diag debug config-error-log read" from the CLI to see if there are any errors or changes.

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors