Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
moses1
New Contributor II

MC-LAG between Spine and Leafs

I am new to Fortinet MC-LAG designs, so please help me. With regards above topology, I have come across configuration examples for the following situation:

1. Spine switches CS1 and CS2 are MC-LAG peers and present themselves as a single host to both switches AS1 and AS2.

2. Switches AS1 and AS2 are also MC-LAG peers and present themselves as a single host to Server 1.

My question is, is it possible to do MC-LAG in the opposite direction i.e. using AS1 and AS2 as MC-LAG peers and presenting themselves as a single host to either (or both) CS1 and CS2?

Is it necessary in the first place or the Spine-to-Leaf MC-LAG covers traffic balancing and eliminates loops in both directions spine-to-leaf and leaf-to-spine?DesignDesign

Thank you
Thank you
4 REPLIES 4
Stephen_G

Hello Moses,

Thank you for using the Community Forum. I will seek to get you an answer or help. We will reply to this thread with an update as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Stephen - Fortinet Community Team
Stephen_G

Hello,

We are still looking for someone to help you.

We will come back to you ASAP.

Regards,

Stephen - Fortinet Community Team
Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager
igor_protega

I can't see the forum, can you check if the link are correct?

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors