Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
robdog
New Contributor II

Looking to upgrade current 5.4.9 firmware

Hi Guys,

LOoking for some advice, guidence and experiances.

Looking to update our current production firmware from 5.4.9 but I'm unsure of which release train to follow.

Should I go for 5.6.5 or 6.0/1 ?

Cheers

3 REPLIES 3
Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor III

Unless you know exactly what would change when you upgrade it, I would never jump to two major versions above at one night for any production units. In the process you have to get to 5.6 first before getting up to 6.0 since FTNT's software development/config changes are incremental. I want to run at least a week with 5.6 to see any problems due to the differences between 5.4 and 5.6 even if I'm determined to go up to 6.0.

Deepakkhw
New Contributor III

Hi,

Fortigate is recommended for the 6.0.1. there are a lot of improvement and new features (more then 200) are added.

Regards,

Deepak Kumar

tanr
Valued Contributor II

I think you'll find very few people willing to put 6.0.x on production equipment yet. 

I'm planning to move from 5.4.9 to 5.6.5 in the next few weeks, but I won't seriously consider the 6.0.x branch for a while yet.  I'll re-examine it again after they get to 6.0.3 or higher.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors