Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
aesop0
New Contributor

Looking for advice with a FortiGate 40F Setup

Hey all, I've been tasked with setting up VPN access to our local Servers. I would like to have our FortiGate be used as our VPN tunnel.

My setup at the moment is a ISP->Modem/Router->FortiGate40F. I would like to have WFH users connect to our local network via a VPN by FortiGate40F. Once they are connected on to our local internet, then they should be able to access our VMs that are only available to the local network.

Would I have to enable a passthrough on our Modem/Router given by ATT?

10.0.0.0.1 192.168.1.254
3 REPLIES 3
Muhammad_Haiqal

Hi @aesop0 ,

Your requirement is SSLVPN.
Fortigate configured with SSLVPN.
Forticlient will be installed on the user PC.

This Forticlient on PC will connect to the Fortigate using SSLVPN.
Here is the reference: 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pa3GPiAGCww (This is external link)

https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortigate/6.2.15/cookbook/559546/ssl-vpn-full-tunnel-for-remote-u...

Hope that helps.

haiqal
rancho16
New Contributor

I've changed my FortiGate WAN to now be that of my public gateway/netmask. I can now access the FortiGate by using the public gateway instead.

So in this scenario, I can now access the FortiGate VPN from an external network using the same public IP (with the port defined)? Are there any additional steps like configuring firewalls? Still trying to wrap my head around this.

10.0.0.0.1 192.168.1.254
rtichkule
Staff
Staff

Hello @rancho16,

You can specify the port for SSL-VPN connection under SSL VPN settings, so that packet on that port will be listen for VPN connection. Alternatively you can configure different ports for HTTP/HTTPS access of fortigate under settings >> Administartion settings.

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors