Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
FJGR
New Contributor

Looking for a CLI to interface stats, speed and duplex for virtual-switch

I manage many devices 100D and 200D fortigate, they are configured as virtual-switch.

In the FG-200D to view information about the virtual-switch LAN interface I use the 'get hardware nic lan' command (speed, duplex, stats...). However, in the 100D that command does not show the same information, speed, negotiation, statistics does not appear ... I need to know that information in 100D Does anyone know the cli command to see that info?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Toshi_Esumi
SuperUser
SuperUser

What do you get if you just hit <Enter> after "get hard nic"? It would show you available interface to show.

FJGR

If I just hit 'enter' after "get hard nic", it shows me available interface, of course, eg: wan1, wan2, dmz1, lan, port1, port2,port3......

But, if I use "get hard nic port1" (because my LAN it's connected to port1) , answer me this message:

The interface port1 is not an independent interface. Command fail. Return code -27

This is because it is configured as virtual-switch ....

Toshi_Esumi

Do you get any error message when you tried "get hard nic lan"?

FJGR

No, when I used "get hard nic lan" I didn't got any error, I got the result of the image, but didn't show me speed, duplex and stats like as 200D.

100D

200D

(Remember, FG configured as virtual-switch)

Toshi_Esumi

This is just my assumption or guess. But I assume all those member ports are set to auto/auto, which should be default, then some of them synced up with different speed or duplex. And it might be be able to show the stats. I would recommend you open a TT to verify this.

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors