Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
m_nedal
New Contributor

Logs Retention on FGT-60E

Hello there,

What is the retention logs duration by default on a FGT-60E, knowing that there is no local disk on this product range ?

Thank you :)

4 REPLIES 4
James_G
Contributor III

You can get a week for free in Forticloud, or for not much money you can get a VM of Fortianalyzer in AWS (for 90 and below you only basically pay for the compute, the Fortianalyzer license is $1 a year I think.)

m_nedal

Thank you James for your reply,

I actually was wondering because my architecture is based on FGT-60E deployed on a large scale with Fortianalyzer and fortimanager in central. The question is if a link between one of the edges (FGT-60E) and Fortimanager is down, for how long the logs will be stored on the 60E? 

Thank you :)

m_nedal

Thank you Emnoc for your reply

Quite clear now :)

emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

No log retention measurement exist, it ALL depends on  total amount of logs and size of logdisk. More traffic and more policyid with logging eq more logs storage usage. Simply put.

If you need retention,  do NOT us memory or internal-disk. Setup a log collector network and push the logs to something external. Syslog, Splunk, ELK, Papertrail, Loggly, FAZ,etc....

Ken Felix

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors