Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
ajsemple7
New Contributor

Logon error ipad app

I' m trying to login on my ipad for the first time and i am sure server and user name and passwords are correct as i use them on my android tablet and it works. the massage reads: " login error: Could not load bookmarks" what have i missed on the set up?
13 REPLIES 13
Chris_Lin_FTNT

There is one possibility. If SSL config on FortiGate only allow tunnel access, then you won' t be able to connect with FortiClient on iOS because it only support web access. You will need to ask your administrator to confirm.
fburton
New Contributor

I get the same " bookmarks" error on iPad and have not been able to figure it out. Has anyone else had any luck? If the iPad native VPN settings supported two-factor authentication this wouldn' t be an issue. I can connect using the native VPN settings with single factor authentication, as soon as i enabled two-factor, i can' t connect.. I get my fortinet code, but there isn' t anywhere to enter it in on the ipad and then the VPN disconnects.
Chris_Lin_FTNT

Here is an SSL handbook for 5.0 FortiOS http://docs.fortinet.com/uploaded/files/1081/fortigate-sslvpn.pdf By default there are three pre-defined web portals: full-access, tunnel-access and web-access. If full-access or web-access is applied to the user group that you belong, your FortiClient on iOS will be able to connect and download bookmark list, even if the bookmark list is empty. But if tunnel-access is applied, you will get the " Could not load bookmarks" error. The difference between web-access and tunnel-access portal is, web-access has widget of bookmark type, whereas tunnel-access doesn' t. Your FortiGate admin may create new portals. But they need to have bookmark type widget for FortiClient iOS to connect successfully. FortiOS 5.2 may be slightly different by the main idea still apply.
fburton
New Contributor

thank you Chris.Lin! I was able to get passed that Bookmarks error
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors