Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
vmi
New Contributor

Login to FortiManager trial version

Hi,

I deployed a FMG VM version 7.2.2 on a ESXi. Through the console I configured the management IP address on port1, as well as default route and DNS server. I'm able to log in through CLI and to get the landing page of the GUI.

On my first GUI connnection I connected to my FortiCloud account and applied for a trial licence. The VM rebooted and on the next login I'm able to enter my credentials. Then I'm directed to the configuration wizard which prompt me for my FortiCloud credentials and registration failed with a error message : "The product serial number has already been registered".

Could you please help me on how I shall move forward ?

Regards, Vincent

4 REPLIES 4
srajeswaran
Staff
Staff

You don't see an option to skip this step? Also, you can try "decommision" this unit from your forticare account and then try the registration again.

Regards,

Suraj

- Have you found a solution? Then give your helper a "Kudos" and mark the solution.

vmi

Hi Suraj,

Unfortunately I don't see anyway to skip this step. I forgot to tell I already try to decommission theunit from the FortiCare dashboard, but it remains the same.

Regards, Vincent

srajeswaran

I see you need a CS ticket to remove the registration (decommission is not enough).

https://community.fortinet.com/t5/Customer-Service/Customer-Service-Note-How-to-remove-a-registered-...

Regards,

Suraj

- Have you found a solution? Then give your helper a "Kudos" and mark the solution.

vmi

Ok thanks I'll try this and I'll keep you posted.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors