Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
IT_PolymerAsia
New Contributor

Login Authentication using the Chrome browser

Hi Everyone,

Is there any way to limit users to only be able to Login Authentication using the Chrome browser?

My device is FortiGate 80F and Firmware v7.4.1 build2463

Many Thanks!

1 Solution
pminarik
Staff
Staff

Authentication methods / captive portals do not have any native way of filtering for specific browser.

You could potentially try to pre-filter traffic based on the User-Agent Header values, but that's only an explicit-proxy feature, as far as I am aware. It most likely would not work in regular firewall policies.

There are App Control signatures "HTTP.Browser_*" for popular browsers, but since app-based filtering happens only after policy match and authentication, this wouldn't help you with regular firewall policies.

[ corrections always welcome ]

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
pminarik
Staff
Staff

Authentication methods / captive portals do not have any native way of filtering for specific browser.

You could potentially try to pre-filter traffic based on the User-Agent Header values, but that's only an explicit-proxy feature, as far as I am aware. It most likely would not work in regular firewall policies.

There are App Control signatures "HTTP.Browser_*" for popular browsers, but since app-based filtering happens only after policy match and authentication, this wouldn't help you with regular firewall policies.

[ corrections always welcome ]
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors