Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
tvonolnhausen
New Contributor

Loggin workload at WAN- Port

Hi all,

in our company we have a Fortigate 60F. We want to remove our local file server and move the data to the MS OneDrive.

As internet connection, we only have 100MBit/s in our company. At the moment it is the maximum we can get.

Before, we move our data to the OneDrive, i would like to check the traffic between the Internet and our server.

Is it possible to log the traffic at the WAN port over a few days? I would like to get a diagram over a time and the actual data traffic.

If i could separate this data between SIP protocols to all other data, it would be perfect.

My target is to check how high our workload is of our internet connection over a week.

Thank you in Advance.

Thomas

1 REPLY 1
akristof
Staff
Staff

Hello,

Thank you for your question. On FortiGate, you can enable monitor bandwidth on specific interface, but it will show you usage for maximum 1 week. If you would like to have details information about the traffic, you can use netflow. But for this, you would need to setup your netflow server. Here is doc how to enable on FortiGate:

https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiGate/Technical-Tip-How-to-Configure-Netflow/ta-p/196080

Adrian
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors